Sunday, February 14, 2010

Palmer's Bar


So last night we had the privilege of playing at Palmer's and want to thank Chooglin' for inviting us to share the floor with them. I also want to thank the entire staff for their generous hospitality and great history lessons of the joint. Chris, I want to know more!

I have been in the bars now for a good decade and I hang my head in shame by saying last night was the very first time I had ever set foot in Palmer's. Yes, I am a moron for taking this long to witness the incredible environment of this joint. No longer dammit! I vow to make this watering hole one of my regulars. Way too good of a place to pass up!

Bob Tema has some great shots of the entire show up on Flickr. Check them out HERE.

Last night also marked a changing of the guards of sorts. Jake will be hanging up his bass for awhile. He has decided to step a side while we hit the road. He and his wife have recently purchased a new home and the timing of that in conjuction with our forthcoming tour have posed some complications. So, in the interim we have held Mr. Eric Reyers at gun point and forced him to learn our songs. I will attest that this dude sure knows how to slap a mean bee-ace, but the jury is still out on how well he can throw down when it comes to pounding the suds. We'll have a plenty of time to figure that out though while beating the pavement to and from Texas.

So, with that said, we like to welcome Eric aboard to Camp Evening Rig, but more importantly would like to thank Jake for all of his contributions up to this point and that we'll miss you out there on the road you ol' koot!

Oh, and PS: Happy Valentine's Day.


1 comment:

  1. I can't read this. I know you love the tiny fonts, Miller, but this is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete